As an Analytical Chemist, the position will be performing routine testing routine Cannabis/Hemp flowers, extracts, edibles and oils. This position reports to the Laboratory Director.
- Support all aspects of laboratory test work including receiving of samples, homogenization, extractions, dilutions, etc.
- Analyze samples consisting of a variety of matrices using traditional laboratory techniques using LC/MS, GC/MS, ICP-MS, HPLC, PCR, etc.
- Data entry, sample intake and sample management using the LIMS and word processing as required.
- Maintain inventory of samples, laboratory supplies, sample storage and disposal, cleaning and other supporting lab processes.
- Properly dispose of chemical and biohazard waste.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment, laboratory glassware and laboratory facility.
- Maintain, calibrate and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation.
- Lead and participates in training and continuous improvement projects.
- Takes ownership of issues and follows through to resolution.
- Lead and participate in laboratory investigations and resolution.
- Ensure customer results are reported quickly and accurately, meeting the laboratory performance metrics.
- Follow all regulatory requirements and established SOPs including safety and health, quality assurance and quality control.
- Compliance with all local and state guidelines requiring chain of custody of controlled substances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant industry and laboratory experience in a high production laboratory specialized in fast turnaround times – food safety, clinical, forensic, environmental and cannabis experience preferred.
- Instrument experience required – LCMS, GCMS, HPLC, PCR.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain a strong work ethic.
- Must be willing to be subjected to a background check to be approved by the Florida Department of Health.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry with GLP, FDA and ISO 17025 requirements preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and customer support skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems (e.g., Design of Experiments)