Monitor and maintain irrigation system including nutrient mixing, monitoring of nutrient EC, pH, and temperature, and adjusting auto irrigation cycle as needed
Own flower rooms and maintain plant health through daily check-ins, evaluation of plant health, spot watering of plants, canopy management, and making adjustments to room environment or grow process as needed
Complete regular plant maintenance as needed including but not limited to popping, topping, defoliating, and weaving
Communicate with support teams and management continuously regarding plant happiness, pest outbreaks, and equipment issues (irrigation, tables, lights, etc.)
Monitor temperature, humidity, and CO2 levels daily according to company standards and make adjustments as needed
Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for new tasks and adjust current SOPs with any changes.
Support other grow team members throughout the grow as needed, including spraying for pest management, supporting colleagues in other grow rooms, or supporting outside of grow rooms
Timely completion of work per schedule and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and process improvement recommendations
Ensure accurate plant inventory including strain names per tray and count of plants
Keep documented logs and notes of room metrics and plant care actions for company records
Analyze data of current and past harvest cycles to continuously improve our grow processes and standards
Maintain clean grow rooms and workspaces at all times by regularly sanitizing tools, equipment, and grow rooms to ensure sanitary practices and to keep pests away
Use PPE as required: gloves, lab coat, tinted eye protection
Perform all METRC duties as necessary and any additional duties assigned by your supervisor/manager
Implement cultivation practices as indicated by supervisors and managers.
Maintain the health of immature, vegetative and flowering plants through observation and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Ensure accuracy of plant inventory, including strain names, plant tag numbers, and counts of plants.
Perform plant maintenance, feedings and irrigation events, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) according to a set schedule and SOP, as determined by the Head of Cultivation.
Ensure the grow facility is kept free of pests, viruses, or other diseases by preventing contamination through proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and biological controls established within the cultivation SOPs.
Regularly sanitize tools, equipment, pots and production areas used in the grow facility to ensure sanitary practices.
Abide by high personal hygiene standards.
Apply pesticides in a safe and effective manner, wearing appropriate PPE, and after ample training and instruction from the Head of Cultivation.
Check and record accurate data daily, including but not limited to: pesticide applications, issues found when scouting plants, and any other items required by management.
Observe and immediately address issues with plants, equipment, or environments.
Break down and set up plant production areas after harvest, including: sweep all work areas, sanitize crop benches, wash down rooms, and prepare to transplant new crops.
Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with regard to plant health and traceability, in order to uphold the company’s standard for quality.
Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems.
Maintain organization and sanitary conditions within the grow facility.
Assist with post-harvest duties as needed.
Hire hourly employees in coordination with the Director of Cultivation
- The Head Grower reports to the Cultivation Director and is responsible for the care of all cannabis plants during the immature, vegetative, and flowering stages.
- The Head Grower will oversee operations pertaining to plant care such as cloning, pruning, transplanting, up-potting, watering, feeding, ensuring environmental control, and inspecting plants for signs of deficiency or infestation, as well as labeling and tracking plants using METRC tags.
- 10 hour shift, 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday, Overtime
- Work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day besides breaks and lunch
- Work in the dark with only green lamps for several hours at a time
- Work time expectation: 80-% of the time will be physical labor
- Lift and carry up to 70 lbs, regularly move 40lbs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a team
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Experience in an agricultural setting is a plus, but not required
- Marijuana product knowledge and METRC experience is required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, between 5-10 hours of overtime a week.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry. Perfect Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability.