A well-capitalized analytical testing laboratory in the hemp and cannabis industry is seeking a professional and experienced Quality Assurance Associate. This position will be located in Tampa, Florida, and will report to the Quality Assurance Director. As a Quality Assurance Associate, the position works to ensure that laboratory testing data is accurate, verifiable, and reproducible.
- Ensuring auditing and laboratory documentation is kept up to date.
- Review documentation to ensure company processes comply.
- Train laboratory staff on quality procedures, protocols, and documentation.
- Maintain Quality Assurance documentation.
- Write and update existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for stakeholders.
- Investigate and review root causes and corrective actions taken by stakeholders.
- Review raw test data and assemble associated data packages.
- Review and approve data in a Laboratory Information Management System.
- Lead and participates in training and continuous improvement projects.
- Stays current with developments in the field, read technical publications, and participate in educational opportunities.
- Ensure a culture of safety in the laboratory.
- Strong communication skills, capable of communicating ideas and motivating colleagues Other duties as assigned or requested
- Monday- Friday 8:30-4:40 (Occasionally some Saturdays)
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Quality Assurance in a regulated industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Adobe, and QuickBooks
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain a strong work ethic.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in natural science, including biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, or environmental sciences.
- Must be willing to be subjected to a background check to be approved by the Florida Department of Health.