The Sales Lead will manage a team of sales representatives. This is one of the premier cannabis companies in Michigan. Looking for someone with prior sales experience and preferably in the cannabis industry. This role would require onsite work as well as traveling to customers sites around the state of Michigan.
- Identify potential customers, initiate and manage prospects through the sales pipeline, and close opportunities.
- Utilize selling techniques and market strategies to expand and build upon client base.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business relationships to ensure future sales.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
- Monitor competition by gathering information on pricing, products, market presence, etc.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Ability and willingness to travel on sales calls as needed.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to support industry trade shows and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales or related field.
- Proven work experience as an account executive or sales representative.
- Experience in alcohol or pharmaceutical sales is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office in a Windows environment and familiar with sales tracking and reporting software Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record and own transportation.
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and persuasive skills.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency with MS Office in a windows environment and familiar with sales tracking and reporting software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.