The Director of Compliance is responsible for handling all aspects of compliance and licensing for all states in which we operate including expansion states. United Green is Headquartered in Auburn Hills, MI with plans of rapid expansion throughout the United States. The Director of Compliance with ensure United Green is compliant and staying up to date with the ever changing rules and regulations in the cannabis industry on a state-by-state basis.
- • Ensure United Green is compliant in all areas of business in all states currently doing business and future markets.
- • Stay up to date on local, state and federal laws, regulations, and potential changes.
- • Stay up to date with licensing, labor laws, cannabis regulations, on a state-by-state basis.
- • Provide guidance and advice to executive team to improve and develop SOP’s and guidelines while always remaining compliant.
- • Take steps for licensing on behalf of United Green in every targeted state.
- • Ensure proper background check requirements and labor laws are met.
- • Stay up to date on all new cannabis regulations and laws.
- • Work hands on with ownership teams regarding legislation for new states entering the cannabis industry.
- • Assist with I9 and W2 Reconciliation to ensure all records are up to date.
- • Assist with client interface regarding consultative questions and new client engagement.
- • Research rules and regulations on a state-by-state basis for Grow Facilities, Processing Facilities, Secure Transport Companies, Provisioning Centers, and Chemical Testing Labs.
- • 3-5 years of experience in the Cannabis Industry
- • 3+ years of experience in compliance
- • Degree pertaining to law and/or compliance
- • Familiarity with Labor Laws and Background Check Requirements
- • 3+ years of experience with state licensing for new business