The Director of Compliance (Remote) will manage and oversee all aspects of compliance for all states in which we operate including expansion states. The cannabis industry is a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-changing landscape and will require exceptional business acumen and the ability to research and navigate a wide range of regulatory guidelines and laws. This position will lead our goals and initiatives with regards to company-wide policies, procedures, and programs as well as develop and execute with full awareness and recognition of all applicable laws and risk implications to remain compliant in the cannabis industry.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations in which we currently operate as well as future markets
- Collaborate with leaders within the organization to ensure all operations are in full compliance in all locations.
- Provide sounds guidance and advice to help develop and maintain the company’s SOP’s and guidelines while remaining compliant at all times.
- Partners with leaders in production, cultivation, retail, and supply chain to develop and implement state-specific and company-wide SOP’s and oversight regarding compliance requirements.
- Continuously monitor SOP implementation, revisions and operational adherence to written procedures.
- Advise leaders on new and existing regulations and laws related to the cannabis industry to ensure compliance at all times.
- Perform internal audits within our various operational functions and effectively communicate any corrective actions needed, in a clear and consistent manner.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulatory groups in all states in which we operate and ensure we have long-term contingency plans.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers by providing exceptional customer service.
- Work with compliance team on responses to audits and incidents that require regulatory reporting. Identify and oversee internal remediation as necessary.
- Partner with leaders on reviewing and submitting all product specifications needed for review and approval by regulatory authorities
- Help prepare for facility inspections, government regulatory investigations, and external audits. Review findings and implements correction action plans while partnering with functional leaders.
- Partners with leaders to ensure record-keeping and security requirements are met at our operating facilities.
- Assist leadership with trainings related to SOP or guideline implementation or updates
- Responsible for all new and renewal licensing requirements
- Ability to manage faced paced situations, prioritize in stressful situations, be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- A high level of professionalism focusing on internal and external customer service.
- Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
- The ability to multitask and balance several projects simultaneously on a national scope while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Juris Doctorate required
- 5+ years of experience in cannabis industry
- CCEP/CRCM certification or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass stringent background check
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID card; authorized to work in the U.S
- Proficient in MS Office required
- Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
- Our client is dedicated to creating and equal opportunity workplace and encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with past drug convictions to apply. Must be 21 or older.
- Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.