As Controller you are responsible for reporting the financial health of all our client establishments to The Ownership or any 3rd Party Auditing Firm brought on by our client. In addition, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the preparation and oversight of the period trial balance, period and yearly budgets, payment of sales and use tax, preparation and timely completion of P & L statements, preparation and oversight of balance sheet(s), control and oversight of Cash Flow Statements. You support the Operations Team in cost control, prepare all analyses for each operation and its internal establishment as well as holding the responsibility for implementation and management of all accounting software used for reporting at the corporate and store level. This includes, but is not limited to: Quickbooks desktop, METRC, G-Suite (especially Google Sheets). Lastly as Controller you are responsible for AP/AR, account reconciliation, generating sales reports, period statements, balancing the general ledger, approving invoices, setting up/distributing payments to our vendors and preparation of period/yearly financial statements with target vs. actual results of total operational costs.
- The General Ledger and Period Close process for multiple companies
- Period Account Details, Analysis, and Reconciliations as needed
- Presentations to Ownership
- Business Insurance expense and accruals
- Analysis for Operations team
- Reconciliation of all cash and credit bank accounts
- Annual budgets and related activities
- Accounting and Financial Procedures & Checklists
- Reconciliations of all company credit cards
- Reconciliations of Accounts in a timely manner as well as updating accounts
- Period bank and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintenance of prepaid, amortization, fixed asset, and depreciation schedules
- Complete expense accruals and cost allocations
- Annual financial and tax preparation assistance
- Extraordinary organization skills and extremely detailed in all work
- Accounting Experience with Cannabis or manufacturing a plus but not required
- Working Knowledge of Software used (Quickbooks, METRC, G-Suite)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively.
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to easily adapt to organizational and environmental changes.
- Must be flexible to work the hours and times needed dependent on the business demands
- Experience presenting large scale ideas to shareholders