Laboratory Technicians are the backbone to achieving top-shelf extracts and daily results. They work in various areas but are primarily accountable for assisting in extractions, downstream oil processing, and product creation. This dynamic department requires a dynamic team, and as such, daily tasks may vary.
Outlined below is what we see you doing at this point in time. We are a fast-growing company looking for people that are excited to grow along with us. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Operating and conducting daily production tasks and refinement activities for downstream
Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the lab.
Conducting preventative maintenance on machinery.
Continually striving to improve processes for improved safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing
Overview of Position
The Laboratory Technician’s primary responsibility is to assist the Laboratory Lead and Laboratory Manager in extraction and refinement of oils and distillates.
The Laboratory Technician performs in-process and post-process quality assurance sampling, testing, and visual inspections to ensure all product meet specifications.
Practice current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and identifying and reporting unsafe equipment, conditions, and practices to correct them before an incident. Flexibility and the ability to shiftwork schedule according to production needs.
Store supplies and equipment, dispose of waste according to state guidelines and keep laboratory, storerooms, and working areas immaculate.
Paid time off
- Practicing good laboratory practices (GLP) and good documentation practices (GDP) for every process assigned.
- Washing and sanitizing laboratory glassware.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools.
- Contributing and receptive to continual innovation and improvements.
- Sets up and breaks down laboratory equipment and instrumentation as required.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on extraction instrumentation and other equipment.
- Perform basic calculations and assess mathematical-based data.
- Prepare and document samples for third-party laboratory testing.
- Assist Leads in daily manufacturing processes to assure that all goals and demands are met and exceeded as the lab scales into next level capabilities.
- Participate in educational opportunities, read technical publications.
- Monday to Friday
- 8 Hour Shift
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. alone or 100 lbs. tandem for a distance of 100 feet.
- Close visual focus required.
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects.